Elon Musk – the CEO of leading EV car maker Tesla and the world’s richest man – has slammed micro-blogging platform Twitter for integrating NFTs.
- Elon Musk has taken a hard stance against Twitter on their most recent move to integrate non-fungible tokens.
- Musk first posted a prompt from Twitter with an explanation on NFTs, saying that it’s annoying.
- After that, he argued that the social media platform should spend resources on preventing scams instead of “this bs,” clearly referring to NFTs.
Twitter is spending engineering resources on this bs while crypto scammers are throwing a spambot block party in every thread!? – Musk said.
- CryptoPotato reported earlier that Twitter rolled out verified NFT profile picture features. It’s only available to paid subscribers of Twitter’s Blue service and allows them to officially verify NFTs that are used for their profile picture.
- Previously, anyone could go ahead, and right-click copy an image and use it as a profile picture without any proof of ownership.