Reports indicate that the Wormhole Network’s ethereum solana bi-directional bridge has been exploited by an attacker for 93,750 ether or more than $250 million using today’s ethereum exchange rates. The developers behind the Wormhole Network have told the public the network is “down for maintenance,” as the team “looks into a potential exploit.”
Wormhole Network’s Ethereum Solana Bridge Exploited, More Than 93,000 Ethereum Siphoned
- According to various reports and a few onchain transactions the Wormhole Network’s crosschain ethereum solana bridge has been exploited for $250 million in ether or 93,750 ETH.
- While the team has not published a post mortem, the Wormhole Network developers published a tweet that said the network was down for the time being.
- “The wormhole network is down for maintenance as we look into a potential exploit,” the tweet said. “We will provide updates here as soon as we have them. Thank you for your patience.”
- Other accounts of the situation noted that the attacker was exploiting Solana (SOL) too in addition to the stolen ether. “Okay this is too interesting to stay away. Looks like the wormhole exploiter is wreaking havoc on the Solana side too,” the Twitter account dubbed Robot Dad said on Wednesday.
- When someone remarked on social media that the Wormhole Network used the term “potential,” others shared an onchain message that was sent to the attacker from the Wormhole Deployer.
- The message states: “This is the Wormhole Deployer. We noticed you were able to exploit the Solana VAA verification and mint tokens. We d like to offer you a whitehat agreement, and present you a bug bounty of $10 million for exploit details, and returning the WETH you’ve minted.”
- Wormhole Network’s ethereum solana bi-directional bridge has not been around for very long, as Bitcoin.com News recently reported on the cross-chain bridge launch on September 19.
- The ethereum solana cross-chain bridge exploit follows the $80 million siphoned from the Qubit cross-chain bridge five days ago. At the time the Qubit attack was the largest defi exploit of 2022.
- The Wormhole Network’s exploit is now the largest decentralized finance (defi) breach in 2022 so far, with more than $250 million in ethereum stolen.
What do you think about the Wormhole Network exploit and the loss of more than $250 million in ethereum? Let us know what you think about this subject in the comments section below.
Check live crypto rates here
Start trading today – See our list of exchanges
pharmacie en ligne cialis 20mg cialis 40mg gГ©nГ©rique viagra 200mg en ligne
buy deltasone 20mg pills cheap cialis 20 mg 60 pills sildenafil overnight shipping
I am very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the accidental misinformation that is at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this greatest doc.
hey there and thank you for your info – I have certainly picked up anything new from proper here. I did alternatively experience some technical issues the usage of this web site, as I skilled to reload the web site many occasions previous to I may get it to load correctly. I have been pondering in case your web host is OK? No longer that I’m complaining, but slow loading circumstances times will very frequently impact your placement in google and can harm your quality ranking if advertising and ***********|advertising|advertising|advertising and *********** with Adwords. Well I’m including this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this again very soon..
I discovered your weblog web site on google and verify a few of your early posts. Proceed to maintain up the superb operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking ahead to studying more from you later on!…
I just could not depart your website before suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard info a person provide for your visitors? Is going to be back often to check up on new posts
Hello, Neat post. There is a problem with your web site in internet explorer, would check thisK IE still is the market leader and a good component of people will omit your wonderful writing due to this problem.
As a Newbie, I am constantly browsing online for articles that can be of assistance to me. Thank you
hey there and thank you for your info – I have definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise some technical issues using this site, as I experienced to reload the web site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and could damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my e-mail and can look out for a lot more of your respective intriguing content. Ensure that you update this again very soon..
You can certainly see your expertise in the work you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to say how they believe. At all times follow your heart. “A second wife is hateful to the children of the first a viper is not more hateful.” by Euripides.
Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive learn something like this before. So nice to find someone with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thanks for beginning this up. this web site is something that’s needed on the web, somebody with slightly originality. useful job for bringing one thing new to the internet!